Rail / Traction
Thycon manufactures a range of equipment targeted for use in the rail network including:
- 50/25Hz 2.2kV Cyclo-converters
- Industrial UPS Systems
- Uncontrolled and Controlled Rectifiers
- DC/AC Inverters
- Static DC Switches
- Power Factor Correction & Harmonic Filtering
Thycon equipment is well suited to rail applications, with our long design life (+25 years) and robust construction matching the requirements of the rail network.
Thycon’s products are based around well established and fault tolerant thyristor devices, rather than newer and more delicate IGBT semi-conductors.
Our UPS systems offer a range of benefits focused on rail needs including:
- Low maintenance, robust design
- Naturally cooled fan free options
- Wide operating temperature range
- Outdoor cabinets
Thycon equipment can be found extensively across the Victorian Rail network including substations, railway stations and Railway Control Centres.